If your piles of piles make you swoon, take heart!
There are many organizing methods out there and I use all of them, depending on my client’s specific habits and needs. But no one can ever go wrong starting with just 10 little minutes. I promise, even little nibbles get you BIG results!
Whether you’re tackling a monstrous pile of papers or a house full of clutter, you can get a lot done by setting aside (and I mean PUT IT IN YOUR CALENDAR) just 10 minutes a day. Here’s how you make the most of it…
- Set up your system
- For paper: boxes (I love banker’s boxes) or bins labelled TRASH, RECYCLE, SHRED, FILE/KEEP
- For stuff: boxes or bins labelled TRASH, DONATE, KEEP, MOVE TO ANOTHER ROOM
- Then choose on one little piece of your messy, unhelpful, time-sucking, money-wasting, confidence-crushing universe – a pile of papers, a file drawer, an underwear drawer, a book shelf, 3 square feet of your garage workbench, whatever – and go at it!
- Don’t explode your stuff all over the place. Just focus on that one little area until your timer pops.
- Then, toss the trash and recycle and leave your system for tomorrow or close it and stack it up and set it aside.
- And, as Scarlett said, “Tomorrow is anotha day (and another pile)!”
What can you accomplish is just 10 minutes? Well, I guarantee you’ll get more done in 10 minutes than you have in all the time you’ve done nothing. So what have you got to lose?
See what my client did applying the 10 Minute Tip? You can do it too!
If you need a hand planning your attack, call me. xoxoxox Jennifer